Sunday, July 26, 2009

Conversion halted...

Well, the Perl-to-PHP conversion has been put on hold (although I haven't stopped reading about PHP). I now have to write two web pages to allow management of tickets that are generated. Also, they want to know the status of a request that was made, regardless if a ticket was created or not.

I have to add a couple of index columns to the TicketData table to track the requestor by their employee number, name, alias, etc. This means that I have to modify all scripts and web pages that generate tickets, about 10 or so.

I need to get this to work this week before the end of the month.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Planetx_123 said...

Good Luck!

Ray's Blog said...

Thanks!

I was thinking that I had until Friday. I find out now, the deadline is today at 6pm CDT. That is when my manager has to prepare his monthly report due on Wednesday.

To make it worse, the code modification started out slow. Too many changes on one web script. (This script gets used the most since you can create a ticket in less than a minute. Using the "normal" way can take ~5 minutes, or more.)

I'm thinking of just creating the two web pages now, and forgo the modifying of the existing scripts. I can modify them later.

The two web pages consist of a browser of existing data displaying only basic info, and a details web page.

I'll most likely copy existing web pages, modifying them to the specific neeeds.