Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Missed Deadline...

Well, I missed that deadline. The "special" project I've been talking about was to be completed in Q2, but since the test server is STILL being built, I missed it.

Well, I might be able to squeek it by. The current system sends an email to our Service Desk, requesting that they create tickets. Well, in the short run, thinking of changing the email address to an email processor I've already written for other projects, and have it create the tickets automatically.

It's quick-n-dirty, but it's temporary until either (A) the rebuild of the existing test server is completed, or (B) I build my own test server. I've already started on (B) by building a virtual Ubuntu server on my workstation at work. The only thing is, the US Embargoed country's requests will still have to go to the Service Desk -- I cannot support or help them. :-/

So, I think I will work on that for now and hopefully will have it finished by this evening.

No comments: