Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Interesting Developement...

Well, my job description at work is changing. I'm being moved to a new group (same department), to transition some of my current duties to our WAN Level 2 support. At this time, it'll just be coding simple DNS changes, but what other duties, I'm not sure. I'll continue managing DNS, with a focus on UNIX/Linux support, minor Windows support. I'll know more on Monday, possibly this Friday.

This week, I'm in Oracle training. I know MySQL, and so I'm learning Oracle to coinside more with the company's standards, mostly how to administer it. This was actually my choice, but works well into what my new role is going to be.

Well, have to keep it short, going to be late for class.

1 comment:

Planetx_123 said...

Ah yes- tablespaces, SGAM, and sql*plus-- oh, my!

Good Luck!

Steve