Friday, May 29, 2009

10,000 and counting...

I think I just installed my 10,000th server today.

Actually, not sure if it is the 10,000th, but it feels like it. I've installed all different flavors of Windows, UNIX, Linus, and many more that I'm sure you have never heard of.

This last one was a virtual client on a VMware server, so it was not too bad. I didn't have to worry about hardware issues. It took me over 8 hours to install and download all the Service Packs and patches from Microsoft. This one is going to be a basic Windows 2003 install, then if we need to modify it, it can be done fairly quickly.

I have severals apps that I've written that need to be "upgraded" to 2003. Most of them take an average of 4-5 days to install all the required software, perl-mods, etc., to make them run. This will make it a lot easier to do upgrade and deploy them.

No comments: